International Family Law regarding Divorce, 1980 Hague Child Abduction Cases, and Inheritance

303 Second Masaki Building, 2-4-5 Namiki, Kawaguchi City         Saitama Prefecture, 332-0034, Greater Tokyo Area                   Half an hour train ride from Central Tokyo

Office Hours 9:30~17:30
      on weekdays                                  Legal Consultation             weekdays and the weekend
(The prior appointment is required).    



In order for one party to claim compensation for divorce, the other party must be responsible for the breakdown of the marriage.

Compensation may be claimed in relation to such conduct as adultery and domestic violence. 

The conduct of the offending spouse must be as serious as that required by the law of torts under Article 709 of the Civil Code in order to form the basis of a compensation claim. 

Such compensation may be claimed either as part of, or separate from, the claim for distribution of property.

The following factors may be taken into account when calculating the amount of compensation:

The extent of liability of the other spouse for the causing the                 breakdown of the marriage

The degree of mental pain suffered by the spouse claiming                     compensation

The duration of the marriage

The social status of the other spouse

The capacity of the other spouse to pay compensation

The existence of a minor child

The necessity of financial support after the divorce

Please click the button below to view more detailed
information on divorce.

Distribution of
Matrimonial Property

Parental Authority and Visitation Rights

Maintenance (Share of Expenses Arising from a Marriage)

Contact information

Please contact by telephone 


Office hours 9:30~17:30 on weekdays